Welcome to the Woodward’s 2017 European Dining Catalog
We’ve explored France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland & The United Kingdom and jotted down our favorite food-finds along the way. Some are Michelin Starred establishments and some are World’s 50 Best, but many are off the beaten path. The breadth of this list ranges from tasting menus to gelato cafe’s to bars. We’ve only included the places we thoroughly enjoyed and would go back for also known as the places we’d feel confident sending you!
We are fans not critics of restaurants. Sure, we have bad experiences from time to time, but you’ll never hear us say that publicly, we just won’t post about it. Our feed and blog focuses on the positive things that are working, not rants of what isn’t – the world has enough complainers! It doesn’t make sense to waste our time or yours talking about things we didn’t like.
In situations where a restaurant had an off night, out of respect for them and their life’s work, we do not shame them on social media. We show our disdain by simply not talking about our experience at all and if the experience was horrendous, we take it up directly with the establishment & chef. We feel this is the proper and classiest approach. If we receive a private message asking for specific feedback, we will always be honest. That being said, all of our happiest occasions are captured in each of the continent specific ‘Woodward Dining Catalogs.’ We’ve eaten at far more places than you’ll see listed.
At the end of this memoir are several links to our catalogs in other parts of the world!
Michelin Stars Denoted Throughout
♦ delineates a One Michelin Star Restaurant
♦♦ delineates a Two Michelin Star Restaurant
♦♦♦ delineates a Three Michelin Star Restaurant
Woodward’s European Dining Catalog 2017
Favorite European Restaurants
- Angelina’s Hot Chocolate, Paris
- Cafe Verlet, Paris
- Laduree, Paris
- La Truffière, Paris
- Kaho Thai, Paris
- Pierre Gagnaire, Paris
- Pierre Herme, Paris
- Cafe Varenna, Lake Como (no known website)
- Gelateria Vernazza, Cinque Terre
- Il Giardino Segreto, Venice
- Le Salette, Tuscany
- Osteria Francescana, Modena ♦♦♦ (No. 02 W50B)
- Pasticceria Gelateria Valente Di Khella Botros, Milan (no known website)
- Ristorante Al Bagolo, Venice
- Ristorante Charleston, Milan
- Trattoria L’Altana Barga, Tuscany (no known website)
- Unico Milano, Milan
- Winter Garden by Caino, Florence ♦
- Asador Indusi, Bilbao
- Asador Etxebarri, Axpe ♦ (No. 06 W50B)
- Azurmendi, Larrabetzu ♦♦♦ (No. 38 W50B)
- Boca Grande (bar), Barcelona
- Bodegón Alejandro, San Sebastian
- Bodega Indautxu, Bilbao (no known website)
- Sankona Coffee Roasters, Donostia-San Sebastián
- Corto Maltes (bar), Bilbao
- Disfrutar, Barcelona ♦ (No. 55 W50B)
- Dry Martini Speakeasy and Restaurant, Barcelona
- Engima, Barcelona
- Etapes, Barcelona
- Ganbara (pintxos), San Sebastian
- Heart, Ibiza
- Katu Bar, Bilbao (no known website)
- LaVina Del Ensanche (pintxos), Bilbao
- Pub Lust Bilbao (nightclub), Bilbao
- Nerua Guggenheim, Bilbao ♦ (No. 56 W50B)
- Nobu, Ibiza Bay
- Ohla Bar, Barcelona
- Ormaetxe (bar), Bilbao (no known website)
- Bar Restaurant Victor (pintxos), Bilbao
- Taberna Basaras, Bilbao (no known website)
- Tickets, Barcelona ♦ (No 25 W50B)
- Topa Sukalderia, San Sebastian
- Zezen Gorri Montes (pintxos), Bilbao (no known website)
- Bar Zuga (pintxos), Bilbao (no known website)
- Dolce Tentazione, Mendrisio
- Dinner by Heston, London ♦♦ (No 36 W50B)
- Little Frankie’s Whitehall, London
- The Tea Room at Harrods, London
Dining guides to other parts of the world:
Africa click here.
Australia click here.
Bora Bora click here.
Canada click here.
Central & South America click here.
Comprehensive North American (USA & Canada) Catalog, click here.
Europe scroll up.
As we continue to explore Europe, we will periodically update this catalog.
E & B Woodward
Tastemakers for The World’s 50 Best Restaurants
5 Continents: Africa, Australia, Europe, North America, South America
Download our e-book! We share our secrets for traveling the world and eating famous without breaking the bank.